About the Role and Responsibilities
About the Role and Responsibilities
McAfee is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that secure systems and networks around the world, allowing users to browse and shop the web securely. With our unmatched security expertise and commitment to innovation, McAfee helps home users, businesses, the public sector and service providers to comply with regulations, protect data, prevent disruptions, identify vulnerabilities, and continuously monitor and improve their security. Our products are unique in how they work together to make security affordable and manageable. These days, the threats are tougher, and the perpetrators are trickier. As we have for more than 20 years, McAfee delivers superior protection that is trusted by millions of people.
Application Support Engineer tasks associated with the McAfee Software-as-a-Service team include:
Work as part of an IT Operations team to perform application installations, upgrades and support for our mission critical distributed email, archiving and web processing environment. Respond to customer initiated issues, on-call support as part of a shared pager rotation, reviewing exception logs related to production problems, building out operation readiness test environments, upgrading servers and other infrastructure to the latest open source requirements, writing support tools and scripts to better manage and monitor the production environment.
- Support 100+ servers running the McAfee SaaS application stack in multiple 24x7 data centers.
- Install custom software, apply patches, manage file systems, monitor performance and troubleshoot alerts from commercial, open source and locally developed monitoring tools.
- Provide technical support and problem resolution for complex applications.
- Work with Product Development teams to determine root cause of problems.
- Monitor and report to management on program status, application and server issues.
- Perform other duties as required including after-hours/on-call support.
- Work on projects to better improve Production Support model and processes.
- Maintain knowledge base documentation.
- Create proactive/preventative maintenance proposals.
- Hardware/software configuration and management.
- For certain applications, handle customer initiated data import and export requests to external media.
- Two to four years of experience in Information Technology, ideally having worked in an operations role with enterprise applications in a Linux Data Center environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills — must be able to work effectively as part of a project/program team and foster team cooperation.
- Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Experience automating systems administration tasks – Perl or BASH/Shell scripting required.
- Experience with Linux (RHEL, CentOS 5.x – 6.x, Fedora, etc.), Nagios / Zabbix (other monitoring tools), ssh, rsync, top, iostat, iptables, NFS, ext3, ext4, XFS and other file systems.
- Knowledge of the HTTP protocol, SSL, Apache Web Services
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols
- Knowledge of Java Virtual Machines, Apache Tomcat, Apache Solr
- Experience with relational databases and basic SQL statements
- Experience with Puppet strongly desired
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as Riak strongly desired
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including Engineering, Development, and QA.
- Experience programming in at least one of: C++, Java, Python, Perl, PHP, Ruby
- Ability to work in team environment, while being self-directed, proactive and action oriented
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Linux system management tools, logical file systems, and client/server environments.
- Shell programming expertise
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated initiative and team work competencies
- Ability to communicate technical issues
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), is the world's largest dedicated security technology company. We are relentlessly focused on constantly finding new ways to keep our customers safe. Share your talents with us in the dynamic security industry, and experience the meaningful, interesting work that is waiting for you!
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Click here for full EEO statement.
Job Technical Support
Primary Location MIC-IN-Karnataka MIC-Bangalore BEC MIC
Position Number 885981