Professional Services Consultant
About the Role and Responsibilities
About the Role:
McAfee Cyber Security Architect (MCSA) is responsible for designing and implementing McAfee Product Architecture as well as to provide Security Oversight for an organization. The MCSA will help develop processes for HBSS, develop best strategies for risk/compliance and assist the organization to meet DISA STIG/CCRI compliance. Technical responsibilities include problem identification, system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, and product deployment.
- Provide support to the customer: planning, engineering, implementation, technical resource assessment, consultant task management, and training requirements
- Provide recommendations for best commercial business practices from other DOD and commercial customers utilizing the McAfee Enterprise Architect team knowledge base
- Facilitate the implementation and team communication required to develop customized HBSS services to meet Customer objectives
- Address all technical problems associated with McAfee software and provide proactive support with direct reach back into McAfee Technical Support and McAfee Labs
- Advise the COR, and CTL on McAfee HBSS product performance and maintenance issues
- Prepare and deliver documentation that will allow for accurate implementation/operation of new capabilities supporting live operating environments
- Provide prior coordination and administration required for the delivery of solutions
- Analyze technical/integration requirements and develop effective technical solutions for Customer review and consideration, and once approved, integrate into the Customer’s infrastructure
- Maintain direct access and communication to McAfee Technical Support, McAfee Product Development (for ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO), McAfee Agent (MA), Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS), Asset Baseline Monitor (ABM), Policy Auditor (PA), Rogue System Detection (RSD), Device Control Module (DCM), Virus Scan Enterprise (VSE), and Anti-Spyware Enterprise (ASE)), and with McAfee Labs in order to ensure success during HBSS implementation and operational tuning attributable to HBSS suite products that interface with existing Government network architecture
- Support product implementation/operation and engage in hands-on implementation of ePolicy Orchestrator® (McAfee ePO™), McAfee Agent (MA), Host Intrusion Prevention System (HIPS), Asset Baseline Monitor (ABM), Policy Auditor (PA), Rogue System Detection (RSD), Device Control Module (DCM), Virus Scan Enterprise (VSE), Anti-Spyware Enterprise (ASE)
- Share HBSS knowledge and experience with implementation/operations team members and team leaders to expand and grow the knowledge and capability of all team members
- Analyze server and workstation applications to identify initial HIPS policy, test policy in available test environments, and deploy HIPS with associated standard policy. Provide product-specific knowledge to support unique server and UNIX/LINUX system requirements. Support Customer’s lead operations team effort with policy refinement to allow necessary application execution while fine tuning and tightening security rules as recommended through best commercial business practices.
- Provide recommendations for policy refinement and best business practices to operation teams for consideration
- Engage in hands-on lab testing and development for problem resolution, new product reporting, or technical functionality. Review application of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) and DOD configuration guidance in images for completeness and correctness
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline with a minimum of 5 – 7 years directly related experience
Demonstrated technical proficiency in various McAfee Endpoint and Network products
Ability to write technical documentation and briefings
Familiarity with mitigation strategies for various cyber threats
Ability to gather, analyze then document findings into detailed technical summaries
Demonstrate willingness to present findings via knowledge transfer sessions and even conduct mini training sessions for IT Security Staff
DISA HBSS Admin Course, Security + CE or CISSP, Certified McAfee Security Specialist ePO (CMSS-ePO), Certified McAfee Security Specialist HIPS (CMSS-HIPS)
McAfee, part of Intel Security and a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corp. (NASDAQ:INTC), empowers businesses, the public sector, and home users to safely experience the benefits of the Internet. The company delivers proactive and proven security solutions and services for systems, networks, and mobile devices around the world. With its visionary Security Connected strategy, innovative approach to hardware-enhanced security, and unique Global Threat Intelligence network, McAfee is relentlessly focused on keeping its customers safe.
McAfee celebrates diversity!
Job Professional Services
Primary Location NA-USA-VA-Reston
Position Number 886112